2009年8月12日 星期三

Life is not fair.



 


If you can read this, thank your teacher.


 


This is what a bumper sticker says. I thank most teachers in my life, especially those who influenced me a lot.


 


Today I would like to say something about one of my teachers.  Yesterday, one of his students called me and told me he only needed to write 5 pages for his qualification exam. Yes, FIVE pages only.


 


Just one month ago I spent three whole days writing 13 pages  as a short paper for my qualification exam. And now this guy just needs to write 5 pages, not to mention that the  essay question is so focused on his previous term paper. I guess he just needs to summarize his term paper and finish the exam in one day.


 


What do you expect me to feel about it?


 


Obviously, life is not fair.


3 則留言:

  1. 知識的累積與學問的成就,其價值並非來取決於單一個體的認定而已,
    而是對自己靈魂的忠實~更何況是對已置身金字塔頂端的妳來說!
    不平之鳴理當發之,但千萬別因此影響了自己的生活;
    眼前的不公平,日後老天定會還諸於妳。 看著吧!加油,我相信你一定做得到。
     

    回覆刪除
  2. 親愛的零嘴
    謝謝妳的鼓勵,其實我也明白,路遙知馬力,眼前的好處未必是真正的好處,只是....一時之間難以接受。
    Now I'm feeling much better. Thanks.

    回覆刪除
  3. 不客氣囉!彼此彼此啦!

    回覆刪除